To talk to an adviser, contact the Department of Linguistics or email the undergraduate adviser to set up an appointment. Please note that all appointments are conducted over zoom spring quarter 2020. You should consult the undergraduate adviser in order to:
- Explore whether the linguistics major is a good fit for your interests/career goals.
- Declare or change your major.
- Put together a degree plan.
- Discuss resources that can help if you are struggling in your linguistics courses.
- Apply for Linguistics Departmental Honors.
- Check your progress towards fulfillment of undergraduate degree requirements.
- Learn how to get involved in undergraduate research.
- File an application for graduation.
PLEASE NOTE: In response to the COVID-19 virus situation, the linguistics advising office will be offering exclusively Zoom (online video call) or phone appointments throughout the entire Spring quarter . Please note your preferred method of communication when you make an appointment. An advisor will then contact you with more information before your appointment. You can also 'drop-in' for an appointment during office hours posted on the Advising page via zoom (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
For questions about general linguistics MA/PhD programs, you may contact the Graduate Program Coordinator, Toshiyuki Ogihara or the Alternate Graduate Program Coordinator, Barbara Citko at email@example.com. Please consult the frequently asked questions before contacting the advisers.