Here's a list of sites that will help navigate COVID-19 and emergency resources for surviving, thriving, studying and teaching during COVID-19:
- UW Information on everything: Sickness, Telework, Classes, Research, Events, Travel & Study Abroad
- UW Coronavirus Testing, City of Seattle Coronavirus Testing and King County Coronavirus Testing
- Emergency Aid for Students
- Purchase PPE and Cleaning Supplies on campus
- UW IT's Telework and Teaching
- A Bevy of Resources on UW Policy, Child Care and Self-Care
- Scandinavian Studies' Emergency Resources
- English's Resources in Times of Need
The following pages may be useful to the Linguistics department community:
- Forms for purchasing, travel, room reservations, and communicating news
- Graduate Student Resources
- Internships & Careers
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- UW Centers & Professional Resources
- UW Working Papers in Linguistics
- Visiting Scholars & Students Information
Resources for faculty:
- The Faculty Code
- Academic Human Resources, including information on sabbaticals and other types of leave (FMLA, leave without pay, etc.)
- Ethics: Politics
- Ethics: You may endorse a book or similar in your professional capacity, but not for a profit. Any materials must not advocate or proselytize a specific political agenda or religion.
- Hourly hiring: faculty must consult with the administrator before extending an offer to anyone for any hourly work to ensure the department complies with all HR policies.
- Hiring a consultant or paying an honoraria: faculty who would like to hire an outside consultant or pay someone an honoraria for guest speaking using their research, grant funds, or similar should submit the request to use the funds before extending the offer to the external party.