UW Linguistics had a big showing at the Linguistic Society of America 2016 Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C.
- Emily Curtis: Metalinguistic awareness in school teachers and common knowledge of linguistics
- Barbara Citko, Allison Germain: If you can't agree, move on!
- Amie DeJong: Nobody’s positive anymore: variation in polarity sensitivity
- Kathleen Manlove: Such an interesting phrase! Degree inversion and the treatment of such
- Esther Le Grézause: Discursive patterns of um and uh in spontaneous speech in Pacific Northwest American English
- Daniel McCloy, Yurong (Inner Mongolia University), Sarala Puthuval: Phonetically-conditioned vowel deletion and devoicing in Chahar Mongolian
- Toshiyuki Ogihara: Covert property ascription in Japanese relatives
Also in attendance were fourth year Rachael Tatman and recent MA grad Katy King.